North Park Vision Center, PC ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will only be allowed in the optical if the schedule permits. Call ahead for an appointment so that you can be taken care of in a timely fashion.
- Your temperature will be taken before entering the office.
- All patients must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire upon arrival at the practice
- No paperwork – appointments now require pre-registration on our website.
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you require a caregiver: a minor or an adult with special needs who requires adult supervision will be allowed one caregiver in for the appointment.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their car for their appointment. Please call and let us know you are here.
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a face mask. If a patient does not have a mask, we will provide one at the front door.
- We will ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- Coming out to the front Lobby to dispense glasses and contact lenses (curbside pickup)
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice
- Plexiglass shields are being installed at the front check-in desk
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) gloves, masks, and face-shields appropriate for their job.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has had contact with them.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc… and will be disinfecting these as often as possible
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day
- Additional discussions will be kept to a minimum in the office. Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing may be used.
- All patients will call ahead and let the staff know that they are here.